Cargo and Transit insurance targets specific marine cargo risks by providing cover for incidents such as delayed shipment costs, non-delivery by a carrier or loss of your goods while in transit.
This risk includes
- Financial loss associated with the loss of goods
- The risks associated with General Average (a Marine Principal that dictates that loss or damage to a ship or its cargo is shared among the Shipowners and Cargo owners)
- Acts of Piracy, theft and pilferage
- Malicious damage by Masters, officers or Crew of a vessel
- The risks associated with Transhipment risks (the moving of goods from one conveyance to another).
Generally 48 hours once all documents received, please note Cargo and Transit Insurance MUST be taken out prior to sailing.
Atlas Agent Fee – $55.00* + gst
Premium Coverage $50.00 +gst Minimum or 0.45% of CIF value
- Detailed Commercial invoice & Packing List
- Shipping or booking details